- FID Detector
- On-Column Injector
- 1-meter Silica Gel Column
- Built-in Air Compressor
- Temperature Programmable Column Oven>
- Single Channel PeakSimple Data System on the ultra compact 310 chassis
The Educational FID GC system is ideal for undergraduate chemistry classes or graduate level research. This same GC is also used in thrifty labs for general VOC analysis because of its low cost and complete upgrade-ability* with our wide selection of detectors and injectors, in case analytical needs change in the future. Our educational systems are for domestic customers only, and only come in a 110V configuration.
The On-column injector is ideal for 1/8" packed and 0.53mm wide-bore capillary columns, and is suitable for analyses ranging from methane to heavy, high-boiling hydrocarbons (C44+).
The column oven accepts column cage diameters up to four inches, is programmable to 400oC, and recycles quickly with its high speed cool-down fans.
Restek will wind most columns to fit the 4" column oven.
FID (Flame Ionization Detector) is commonly used for Organic analyses and is specific for Hydrocarbon species with a working range from ~10PPM to 10% for C1-C10 compounds. It has a high temperature range, over 400°C, and can be interfaced with add-on detectors for selective-species measurements. Solvent and material characterization, environmental samples, TPH and petroleum analyses are primary applications. Air & Hydrogen are support gases, using Helium for a carrier gas.
DownloadsDownload the Buck Scientific GC Users Manual
Download the Educational GC Catalog
EPA Methods & App Notes
- EPA Method - 604 - PHENOLS by FID GC.pdf
- EPA Method - 609 - NITROAROMATICS AND ISOPHORONE by ECD FID GC.pdf
- EPA Method - 616 - Carbon-, Hydrogen in pesticides by FID GC.pdf
- GC3001 Rapid Measurement of Alcohol (Ethanol) in Beer and Wine Making by GC/FID
- GC3006 Pesticide Analysis by GC/ECD/NPD & FID
- GC3009 Ambient Air Quality Analysis of Toxic Gases and Priority Pollutants by GC/TCD/FID
- GC3010 On-site Analysis of Gasoline Range Organics (GRO) in Soil and Groundwater Using Field Portable Purge & Trap GC/FID/PID
- GC3011 Differentiating Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs) by GC with Simultaneous Flame Ionization and Electron Capture Detection