Methanizer (for low level CO and CO2 by FID)
- Converts CO and CO2 to methane without changing retention times
- Enables the FID detector to detect low levels of CO and CO2
- Three possible configurations for your application needs
- Thermostatted to 380°C
The Methanizer option enables the Flame Ionization Detector to detect low levels of CO and CO2. It is installed as the removable jet in a special FID detector assembly. The Methanizer is packed with a nickel catalyst powder. During analysis, the Methanizer is heated to 380oC with the FID detector body. When the column effluent mixes with the FID hydrogen supply and passes through the Methanizer, CO and CO2 are converted to methane.
Since the conversion of CO and CO2 to methane occurs after the sample compounds have passed through the column, their retention times are unchanged. Hydrocarbons pass through the Methanizer unaffected.
The special Methanizer FID detector assembly operates like the regular Buck FID detector, except that the FID temperature must be set to 380°C. Due to the chemical relationship between nickel and sulfur, the Methanizer can be poisoned by large quantities of sulfur gas.
The Methanizer accessory is available in three configurations:
1. Built into the FID detector. $1,029.00
2. Built into the valve oven ducts on the side of an 910 GC (a valve oven must also be ordered; see price list below). $1,539.00
3. As a stand alone unit for use with any FID detector. $1,339.00
The 510 Methanizer Kit is a stand alone accessory for use with any FID detector.
510 Stand Alone Methanizer Kit for use with any FID
Share this Product
More from this collection
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.